domingo, 30 de agosto de 2009

When I have Fears that I may Cease to Be, by John Keats.


It was not easy to get the purpose of the poem at the first time I read it. But, once I went into it and I tried to feel every single word, I came up with an idea that is represents a strong and hard part of his life.

As he was raised in a humble family, I think that through this poem, he wants to share his feelings of being alone and unnoticed by the rest of people because of his social conditions. That is why he mentiones the phrase, “And think that I may never live to trace”. With this, the author also expresses that he will not be remembered after his death.

Finaly, relating the poem to romanticism, I think it is present in the passion that John Keats uses to write, and how he gives life to objects through his writing. I like the way he uses the words and how everything become alive.

2 comentarios:

Clau dijo...

Most of the poets represent in their works how they feel/see the world according to their experiences.
It is great that you have related the poem with his life, but don't you think that because he felt unnoticed, for their social condition, he might had thought the if he died nobody would care?

Take care,

Claudia Carreras

aomekita dijo...

I lov Iu baby!